PhD in Applied Mathematics, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
MSc in Applied Mathematics, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Mathematical Biology, Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations, Parameter Estimation, Optimal Control, Mathematical Software, Computational Mathematics.
PUBLICATIONS IN REFEREED JOURNALS
- H. Khorami, H. Fgaier, A. Elkamel, M. Biglari, and B. Chen, “Multivariate Modeling of a Chemical Toner Manufacturing Process”, Chemical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 40, Issue 3 (March 2017), pages 459-469, (2017).
- Z.F. Liu, H. Fgaier, S.Y. Ivanov, A. Elkamel, X.H. Meng, and S.Q. Zhao, "A Hybrid Random Forests-Boruta Feature Selection Algorithm For Biodegradibility Prediction", International Journal of Technical Research and Applications e-ISSN: 2320-8163, Special Issue 28 (August, 2015), pages 48-53, (2015).
- H. Fgaier, I. H. Mustafa, A. R. Awad, and A. Elkamel, "Modeling the Interaction between β-Amyloid Aggregates and Choline Acetyltransferase Activity and Its Relation with Cholinergic Dysfunction through Two-Enzyme/Two-Compartment Model", Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, Volume 2015, Article ID 923762, pages 1- 20, (2015).
- S. A. Abdul-Wahab, H. Fgaier, A. Elkamel, and K. Chan, “Air Quality Assessment for the Proposed Miller Braeside Quarry Expansion in Canada: TSP”, Air Quality Atmosphere & Health, November issue, pages 1 - 17, (2014).
- I.H. Mustafa, H. Fgaier, A. Elkamel, A, Lohi, G. Ibrahim, and S. Elnashaei, “Effect of the Feed Substrate Concentration on the Dynamic Performance of the Bioethanol Fermentation Process Using Zymomonas mobiliz”, Energy & Fuels, 28, pages 5543 – 5556, (2014).
- H. Fgaier, M. Kalmokoff, T. Ells, and H.J. Eberl, "An Allelopathy based Model for the Listeria Overgroth Phenomenon", Mathematical Biosciences, 247, pages 13 - 36, (2013).
- H. Fgaier and H.J. Eberl, "Antagonistic Control of Microbial Pathogens under Iron Limitations by Siderophore Producing Bacteria in a Chemostat Setup", Journal of Theoretical Biology, 273, pages 103-114, (2011).
- H. Fgaier and H.J. Eberl, “A Competition Model Between Pseudomonas fluorescens and pathogens Via Iron Chelation”, Journal of Theoretical Biology, Volume 263, Issue 4, pages 566 - 578, (2010).
- H. Fgaier and H.J. Eberl, “Parameter Identification and Quantitative Comparison of Differential Equations that Describe Physiological Adaptation of a bacterial Population under Iron Limitation”, Discrete and Continuous Dynamic Systems – Suppl., pp 230-239, (2009).
- H. Fgaier, B. Feher, R.C. McKellar, and H.J. Eberl, “Predictive Modeling of Siderphore Production by Pseudomonas Fluorescens under Iron Limitation”, Journal of Theoretical Biology, 251, Issue 2, pages 348-362, (2008).
- F.H. Bellamine and H. Fgaier, “Computer Facilitated Mathematical Techniques of Differential Equations Governing Engineering Processes”, Special Issue on Technology in Engineering Education, World Review of Science, Technology, and Sust. Development, Vol. 5, Nos. 3/4, pages 234 – 252, (2008).
- G. Zahedi, H. Fgaier, and G. Al-Enezi, "Artificial Neural Network Identification and Evaluation of Hydrotreater Plant", Petroleum Science and Technology, 24, pages1447-1456, (2006).
- Z.F. Liu, H. Fgaier, S.Y. Ivanov, A. Elkamel, X.H. Meng, and S.Q. Zhao, "A Novel Hybrid Feature Selection Methods and Prediction for Ready Biodegradibility Using Random Forests and Boruta", 8th International Conference on researches in Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ICERTS), Istanbul, Turkey, August 13 - 14, (2015).
- H. Eberl, H. Fgaier, M. Kalmokoff, and T. Ellis, "Listeria Overgrowth as a mathematical Problem", National Institute for mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS), Workshop on Modeling Contamination of Fresh Produce, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, April 24-25, (2014).
- I. Mustafa, A. Awad, and H. Fgaier, “Modeling and Pharmacokinetic Aspects for the Interaction between Beta Amyloid peptide and Choline Acetyltransferase and Acetylcholine Neurocycle and their relation to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases”, Applied Mathematics, Modeling, and Computer Science (AMMCS-2013) conference, Wilfred Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, August 26 – 30, (2013).
- I. Mustafa, A. Awad, and H. Fgaier, “Modeling and Simulation for the Effect of Beta Amyloid Aggregates on Acetylcholine Neurocycle through Choline Leakage Hypothesis”, Applied Mathematics, Modeling, and Computer Science (AMMCS-2013) conference, Wilfred Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, August 26 – 30, (2013).
- R. Fatoni, L. Simon, and H. Fgaier, “Optimal Product Design of Wheat Straw Polypropylene Composites”, paper # 505, pages 1-11, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM 2012), Istanbul, Turkey, 3–6 July, (2012).
- H. Fgaier and H.J. Eberl, “Mathematical Modeling of Listeria Overgrowth Phenomena”, paper # 545, pages 1-10, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM 2012), Istanbul, Turkey, 3–6 July, (2012).
- H. Fgaier, Modeling of Microbial Populations under Iron Limitation: Predictive Modeling, Competition, and Optimal Control, invited talk, November 3rd, Mathematical Biology Research Seminar Series, McMaster University, (2011).
- H. Fgaier, H.J. Eberl, and M. Kalmokoff, “Mathematical Modeling of Listeria Overgrowth and the Phenomena of False Negative”, Mitacs Elevate Research Showcase, September 28, Toronto, ON, (2011).
- H. Fgaier and H.J. Eberl, “Mathematical Models for Siderophore Production and Siderophore Mediated Antagonism in Bacterial Populations under Iron Limitations”, 7th Industrial Congress on Applied and Industrial Mathematics, ICIAM 2011, July 18-22, Vancover, BC, (2011).
- H.J. Eberl, M.S. Colinson, H. Fgaier, and R.C. McKellar, "Competitive Advantage of Iron Chelation in Mixed Culture Biofilms", Processes in Biofilms: Fundamentals to Applications, September 13-16, University of California - Davis, Davis, California, (2009).
- H. Fgaier and H.J. Eberl, "Dynamic Modeling and Analysis of Competition between Pseudomonas fluorescens and Pathogens Via Iron Chelation", International Conference of Mathematical Sciences, 04-10 August, Istanbul, Turkey, (2009).
- H. Fgaier and H.J. Eberl, “Mathematical Modeling and Analysis of Probiotic Bacteria”, Fields Institute Biomathematics & Biostatistics (BioM&S) Symposium 2008 – University of Guelph, September 3, (2008).
- H.J. Eberl, H. Fgaier, and R.C. McKellar, “Inverse Problems and Parameter Identification in a Model of Pyoverdine Production by Pseudomona Fluorescens”, Presented at the European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology”, Edinburgh, 29th June – 4th July, (2008).
- H.J. Eberl, H. Fgaier, and R.C. McKellar “ A Model of Pyoverdine production by P. Fluorescens”, Presented at 7th American Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) International Conference on Dynamic Systems, Differential Equations and Applications, Session:Modeling and math Biology, Arlington Texas, USA, May 18-21, (2008).
- H.J. Eberl, H. Fgaier, and H. Khassehkhan, "Control of spatially structured pathogenic bacterial populations by probiotics: modeling and simulation of a mixed-culture biofilm system", Second Conference on Computational and mathematical Population Dynamics (CMPD2), Conference center, University of Campinas (UNICAMP), July 16-20, Campinas, SP, Brazil, (2007).
- H. Fgaier, H.J. Eberl, and R.C. McKellar, “Dynamic Modeling and Analysis of a Population of Pseudomonas under Iron Chelating Considerations”, Poster Presented at the Southern Ontario Dynamics Day, Fields Institute, Toronto, April 7, (2007).
- H. Fgaier, and H.J. Eberl, “Cholesterol Removal by Probiotics: A Qualitative – Phenomenological Mathematical Description”, Poster Presented at the Advanced Foods and Material Network (AFMNet) Annual Scientific Conference, Quebec City, Quebec, June 3rd – June 5th, (2007).
- H. Fgaier, H.J. Eberl, and R.C. McKellar “A Competition Model for Microbial Populations of E. Coli and Pseudomonas under Iron Chelating Considerations”, Poster presented at the Symposium on Mathematical and Statistical Methods in the Life Sciences, University of Guelph, Nov. 12, (2004).
Calculus I, Calculus II, Linear Algebra, Applied Mathematics. Probability Theory and Statstics