English Language Requirements
Admission to some courses of the university requires English Language Proficiency Certificates under the following conditions:
- Hold a valid English Language Proficiency score of at least (500) in TOEFL or (5 band) in IELTS for those who would like to enroll in one of the following programs:
- College of Engineering.
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences (B. Ed: English Language Teacher Education ONLY)
- College of Business
- College of Communication and Media
- English Language Proficiency Certificates are not required of the students who intend to join:
- College of Law
- B. Ed Arabic Language and Islamic Studies Teacher Education.
- If students have no satisfactory English Language Proficiency score, they are required to sit for the AAU English Placement Test (AAUEPT). Based on their results in the AAUEPT, Students will be allowed to register in General Education Courses.
- If the student obtains the required result in the English test while studying at one level, he/she may withdraw from the English level, taking into account university regulations and university calendar.
- If the student obtains the required result in the English test, He can enroll in general university courses with a maximum of 18 credit hours.
- Students are not eligible to register more than 18 credit hours before obtaining the required result in the English test.