- Students must register in a course prior to attending classes. It is the responsibility of the individual student to monitor his/her registration status.
- The student is required to register in person during the specified registration period. Once this period is over; late registration is allowed for the following 6 calendar days. A late registration fee of 500 AED would be charged.
- The selected course load must be approved by the students’ academic advisor.
- The maximum credit hours the full time students can register are 18 hours, while the minimum credits are 9 credits.
- In some special cases, a student may register up to maximum of 21 credit hours as follows:
- If the student's cumulative grade point average CGPA or semester average GPA is not less than 3.6.
- This load will enable the student to graduate at the end of the semester in question or the following semester.
- A student may register for less than 9 credit hours if the number of credits needed to complete the graduation requirements is less than 9.
- A student can register two courses or six credit hours in summer session.
- A student may register for three courses or no more than 9 credits in summer session if his/her GPA or CGPA is not less than 3.6; or if he/she completes the graduation requirements at the end of that semester.
- The minimum number of credit hours for a part-time student is 6; the maximum is 9 credits per semester.
- In any case exceeding registration limits requires an approval from both academic advisor and chair of the department or dean of the college.
Dropping/ Adding Courses
- A student may add/drop a course or more during the first week of the semester (the first three days in summer session) with written approval of his/ her academic adviser. Fees of the dropped courses will be refunded.
- After the first week of classes and not later than the end of the tenth week, a student may drop a course with a grade W. The student must obtain the signature of his/her academic adviser and the department chair; fees will not be refunded.
- After the first three days of the summer session and not later than the end of the second week, a student may drop a course with a grade W. The student must obtain the signature of his/her academic adviser and the department chair; fees will not be refunded.
- A student will receive an F grade if he/she drops any course after the above mentioned periods.
Students are expected to attend each meeting of their class. Absence never exempts a student from the work required for satisfactory completion of the courses. Excessive absences of any course will result in:
- First warning for absence of 10 % of the class hours.
- Second warning for absence of 20% of the class hours.
- A failing grade in the course for an absence of 25% of the class hours.
- Exception to (3) may be made in the case of serious illness or death to an immediate family member if approved by the dean of the college. In such case, the student will receive a W grade in the course.