Professional Development core principles and values
The University is committed to and believes in the following professional development core principles and values:
- The importance of professional development as a driving force for organisational growth and change.
- The engagement of all staff in learning and development.
- The maintenance of high standards of performance by individuals, teams and the organisation.
- The encouragement of a partnership approach to professional development shared by individuals/teams, their line managers and the organisation.
- The provision of flexible opportunities and approaches to professional development to meet the changing needs of individuals, teams and the organisation.
- The adoption of a strategic approach to professional development in order to respond to both internal and external drivers for change.