Omayma Hashim Motaleb Mukhtar is currently working as Assistant Professor at Al Ain University, UAE. She was a Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Victoria (UVIC), Canada. . Omayma completed her PhD in Construction Risk Management and MSc in Construction Project Management at Robert Gordon University (RGU), UK. She holds a Postgraduate Diploma(PgD) in Project Management at the University of Northumbria, Newcastle, UK; Post Graduate Certificate(PgCert). in Research Methodology at RGU, UK; and BSc. in Civil Engineering at Ain Shams University, Egypt.
Previously, Omayma was Assistant Professor in Engineering Faculty at UAE University and a lecturer at Ajman University, UAE. She served as an Executive Member of Canadian Society for Civil Engineering(CSCE), Victoria section, British Columbia, Canada. Her teaching philosophy is to understand her students’ points of view before attempting to give them her own. In addition, She chooses a conceptual path that leads from the students’ understanding to a broader one. Her research interests include Risk Management in Construction Projects, Building Envelope Performance, Sustainability and, Risk of Environment, and Climate Change. Her recent work featured in several international journals (IJITPM, IJDS, IJMPB, and JCEA), international conference proceedings, and presentations (ARCOM, COBRA, IPGRC, NHICE02 ), and a book chapter.
PhD- Construction Risk Management- The Robert Gordon University, Scotland, UK , 2014
MSc Construction Project Management -The Robert Gordon University, Scotland, UK, 2009
Postgraduate Certificate(PgCert.) - Research Methodology -The Robert Gordon University, Scotland, UK, 2011
Postgraduate Diploma(PgD) in Project Management- University of Northumbria, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, 2003
BSc Civil Engineering- Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 1994
Construction Risk Management
Sustainable Building Envelope
Environment Risk and Effect of Climate Change on Construction
- Motaleb,O (2021). "Risk Response Development in Construction Projects delay: Multiple Case Studies from UAE". Journal of Risk and Uncertainty Analysis. Vol 7, issue 3.
- Motaleb, O. (2017). A Model of Risk Response Development for Managing Delays in Construction Projects. International Journal of Project Organization and Management. Vol 9 (2), pp. 133–153.
- Motaleb, O., and Kishk, M. (2014). Assessing Risk Response Maturity: A Framework for Construction Projects Success in the United Arab Emirates. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, Vol. 7, No. 2.
- Motaleb, O. and Kishk, M. (2014). Banking, Finance, and Accounting: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications, Chapter 53, page 962, IGI Global Publisher.
- Motaleb, O., and Kishk, M. (2015). Controlling the Risk of Construction Delay in the Middle East: State-of-the-Art Review, Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Vol. 9 PP 506-516
- Motaleb, O., and Kishk, M. (2014). Towards a Maturity Model for Construction Projects Success in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). International Journal of Decision Science, Vol. 4, No. 2.
- Motaleb, O., and Kishk, M. (2013), An Investigation into the Risk of Construction Projects Delays in the UAE. International Journal of Information Technology Project Management, Vol. 4, Issue 3.
- Motaleb, O and El-Refae, G. (2022). Risk mitigation of stakeholders management in construction industry via ERM methodology duringCOVID-19, 3rd Coordinating Engineering for Sustainbility and Resilience (CESARE'22). Amman, Jordan.
- Motaleb, O and Mukhopadhyaya, P. (2020). Ageing assessment for sheathing membranes and characteristics changes of WVT, the 2nd International Conference on New Horizons in Green Civil Engineering (NHICE02), University of Victoria, Canada.
- Motaleb, O. (2017). Risk Assessment of Sustainable Buildings to improve Energy Performance: A Review, presented at the annual conference on Canadian Society for Civil Engineering 2017, Vancouver, Canada.
- Motaleb, O., and Kishk, M. (2012) A Risk Response Plan Framework for Housing Construction Project Delays in the UAE. COBRA, Proceedings the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), 11-13 September 2012, ASU, Monte Carlo Hotel, Las Vegas, USA.
- Motaleb, O., and Kishk, M. (2011). Construction Projects Delay in the Middle East: State-of-the-Art Review. COBRA, Proceedings the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), 12-13 September 2011, University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
- Motaleb, O., and Kishk, M. (2011). Controlling the Risk of Construction Delay in the Middle East: State-of-the-Art Review. COBRA, Proceedings the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), 12-13 September 2011, University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
- Motaleb, O., and Kishk, M. (2010) An Investigation into Causes and Effects of Construction Delays in the UAE. 26th annual Association of Researchers in Construction Management (ARCOM) Conference, 6-8 Sept. 2010, Leeds, UK, 1149-1157.
- Sept. 2020- Up-to-date, Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Dept. Al Ain University of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi campus, UAE. And Chair of Risk management Commitee
- Sept. 2019- Sept. 2020, Consultant, a private company, Vancouver, Canada.
- July 2017- August 2019, Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
- Sept 2016-Dec2016, Mentor of Postgraduates Capstone Project, Humber College, Toronto.
- Dec. 2015- Dec2019, Executive Member at Canadian Society for Civil Engineering, Victoria Section, British Columbia, Canada
- Aug. 2014- July 2015, Assistant professor, Architecture Dept, with Civil Engineering Dept collaboration. Engineering College, UAE University, Al Ain, UAE
- Sept. 2010-May 2014, PhD Researcher, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK.
- Sept 2007- June 2009, Master Programme, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
- Sept. 2001-June 2005, Lecturer, Engineering Faculty, Ajman University of Science and Technology, Al Ain Branch(previously), Al Ain, UAE.
- Dec.1994-May 2001. Assistant Project Manager, SHA, the consultancy representative company of the United Nations Office in Sudan.
Courses have been Taught previously
Construction Projects Management
Research Methodology(for Masters and PhD students)
Supervising Civil Engineering graduates' projects
Recent Teaching Courses
Environmental Engieering Lab
Water Resources Engineering
Air Pollution Engieneering
Project Risk Management (MBA)
Project Management (MBA)
Executive & Full Member-Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE), Victoria, BC, Canada.
Chapter Member - Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC)
Member -Canadian Association of Postdoctoral Scholar
Member, Academic Without Borders "AWB", Montreal, Canada