PhD in Sociology, University of Bonn, Germany
M.Sc. in Social Policy and Planning, London School of Economics and Political Sciences (LSE)
Having research interests in tracing diverse conceptual and empirical inquiry to examine higher education institutions and students’ experiences within these institutions and how these affect educational processes.
- Ashour, S. (2020). Knowledge versus human capital: Are university graduates ready tobuild a knowledge-based society?. forthcoming
- Ashour, S. (2020), "The reverse gender divide in the United Arab Emirates: Factors driving ‘him’ away from higher education", Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JARHE-08-2019-0211
- Ashour, S. (2019). Analysis of the attrition phenomenon through the lens of university dropouts in the United Arab Emirates. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education. https://doi.org/10.1108/JARHE-05-2019-0110
- Ashour, S. (2019). How Technology has Shaped University Students’ Perceptions and Expectations around Higher Education. Journal of Studies in Higher Education. https://doi.org/10.1080/03075079.2019.1617683
- Ashour, S. (2018). The German Transnational Education and its Potential in the Arabian Gulf Region, Cogent Education. https://doi.org/10.1080/2331186X.2018.1463936
- Ashour, S. (2017) “One or multiple paths to quality assurance of higher education institutions in the United Arab Emirates. Journal of Quality in Higher Education. https://doi.org/10.1080/13538322.2017.1407393.
- Ashour, S., Ghonim, A. S., & Sabol, F. R. (2017). The quest for regional accreditation of art and design education in the Arab Countries. Cogent Arts & Humanities, 4(1), 1361639. http://doi.org/10.1080/23311983.2017.1361639
- Ashour, S., & Fatima, S. K. (2016). Factors favouring or impeding building a stronger higher education system in the United Arab Emirates. Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 38(5), 576- 591. http://doi.org/10.1080/1360080X.2016.1196925
- Ashour, S. (2016). Social and business entrepreneurship as career options for university students in the United Arab Emirates: The drive–preparedness gap. Cogent Education, 3(1), 1234425. https://doi.org/10.1080/2331186X.2016.1234425 0097150-2678841 •
- Bromfield, N. F., Ashour, S., & Rider, K. (2016). Divorce from Arranged Marriages: An Exploration of Lived Experiences. Journal of Divorce & Remarriage, 57(4), 280-297. http://doi.org/10.1080/10502556.2016.1160482 commented on by The National Newspaper http://www.thenational.ae/uae/emiratis-divorce-for-same-reasons-as-couples-around-theworld
- Ashour, S. (2004). “Ethnic Politics and Policymaking in Lebanon and Malaysia: Comparative Analysis of the Health Sector “, Germany: Göettingen, Cuvillier Verlag, Göettingen. (Book)
- Introduction to Applied Sociology,
- Ethics of Applied Sociology,
- Environmental Sociology,
- Social Policy,
- Development Sociology,
- Sociological Theory, &
- Research Methods in Sociology.
- Head of the College’s Academic Advisory Committee.
- Head of the Academic Research and Scientific Conference Committee.
- Member in the College of Education’s Council.
- Member of CAEP international accreditation committee.