- AAU does not recruit through recruitment agencies, and shall never ask for any payments related but not limited to visa, recruitment, travel expenses etc.
- All the recruitment offers are sent through official HR Email ID (email@example.com), AAU shall bear no responsibility of the offers sent through IDs other than the mentioned Email ID.
Postdoctoral Researcher in RF and Wearable Antenna Design
Closure Date: Mar 31,2019
Reference Number: 99
The Antenna and Wireless Propagation Research Lab (AWP) at Al Ain University of Science and Technology (AAU), Abu Dhabi, UAE is seeking one highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in wearable antennas.
The candidate has to conduct innovative research with creative ideas on flexible and wearable electronics, capable to contribute to the development of novel devices for wireless sensing and biomedical applications.
The successful applicant must be capable of participating in interdisciplinary collaborative work in the area of antenna and propagation in a highly interactive international team, with fellow undergraduate and graduate students.
- Minimum requirement of a PhD in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or relevant experience in the area of Antenna and Microwave Engineering.
- A specific track record in Antenna/Microwave/RF design is a requirement along with demonstrated experience in research strategy definition, research proposal development and a significant publication track record and strategic research planning.
- Key skills required include antenna and microwave circuit design, analysis and modeling using Ansys HFSS and CST.
- Strong knowledge and experience of state-of-the-art RF equipment and anechoic chamber measurements, PCB design as well as a strong knowledge of RF and antenna test equipment and measurement techniques.
- Demonstration of experience with EM effects of the Human Body is a key requirement.
- Excellent Project Management skills are a key requirement including, research proposal writing, work package and deliverable definition, project management, scheduling capability, report writing, documentation and communication skills for interaction with internal and external partners are essential.
- The successful candidate will be highly analytical and motivated with good interpersonal and organizational skills and be self-managed and achievement oriented.
- The candidate will need to have demonstrated a strong capability for independent thinking, research project development, implementation and management as well as experience in setting up and maintaining a research team of other researchers and a strong record of student supervision
- A strong publication track record is a key requirement.
This is an initial 12 month contract with scope for extension subject to performance and funding secured.
The candidate might have to teach undergraduate courses or labs. Interested candidates should submit a complete application
A complete application includes:
- Cover letter