- AAU does not recruit through recruitment agencies, and shall never ask for any payments related but not limited to visa, recruitment, travel expenses etc.
- All the recruitment offers are sent through official HR Email ID (firstname.lastname@example.org), AAU shall bear no responsibility of the offers sent through IDs other than the mentioned Email ID.
Lab Assistant / College of Engineering and IT ( Arab )
Closure Date: Jun 26,2019
Reference Number: 037
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for all computer engineering, networking and physics labs including design, implementation, operation and ongoing maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience with the overall operation and maintenance of all physics-related and engineering-related laboratories and activities including networking and electronics labs.
- Responsible specifically for such lab components as the Oscilloscope, Digital Multi-meter, Function Generator, DC Power Supply, Breadboard, ST8602 with power supply cord, Connecting Cords, Cathode Ray Oscilloscope, Multimeter and other equipment.
- Maintenance of all teaching laboratories; preparation and distribution of all laboratory materials and equipment; ordering of all materials for teaching laboratories; overseeing maintenance of laboratory equipment; assuring compliance with UAE and AAU regulations in the handling and disposal of laboratory materials; and supervision of student workers.
- Manage lab operations including exam management, as well as safety aspects.
Qualifications and Skills
Education: Bachelor of Computer Engineering, , Electrical Engineering , Physics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well-rounded knowledge in all aspects of engineering and physics
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Knowledge of electronic equipment, computer hardware and software
- Proficient in Lab View modeling and Matlab programming
- Thorough knowledge of laboratory safety
- Excellent organization and communications skills, demonstrated success at taking steps to proactively understand and meet the needs of clients
- Ability to work collegially with a diverse community and all constituents.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, and some weekends