- AAU does not recruit through recruitment agencies, and shall never ask for any payments related but not limited to visa, recruitment, travel expenses etc.
- All the recruitment offers are sent through official HR Email ID (firstname.lastname@example.org), AAU shall bear no responsibility of the offers sent through IDs other than the mentioned Email ID.
IT Support Specialist
Reference Number: 082
Qualification: BSc. Computer Science/Engineering
Certification: A+, Security +, CCNA and MCITP
Location: Abu Dhabi and Al Ain Campuses
- Responsible for troubleshoots, repairs and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. PCs, laptops, VDIs, disk drives, and laser printers) tests personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems.
- Responsible to deliver proactive onsite support and knowledge transfer to the customers.
- Administrate Active directory users, Exchange users management, SCCM system (Servers and users side), cloud computing and apps, Print management solution (Server and users Side).
- Manage and Produce the university Hardware Standards Technical specifications, for Tendering Purpose, preparing technical studies, technical reports for the purchased IT equipment’s.
- Supervise the photocopiers maintenance orders, prepare technical specifications, studies, reports.
- Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns.
- Develops and tests complex user documentation; works with hardware vendors to resolve equipment failures/problems.
- May perform routine security checks on the system.
- Participate in complex technical projects.
- Routine Maintenance and Installing/configuring new computers/telephones.
- Maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies (cables, adapters, etc.).
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Conducting safety checks on computer equipment.
- Coordinates closely with the Ticketing helpdesk.
- Supports technical needs of conferences.
- Supports the development and maintenance of department websites.
- Oversight and management of a 24x7x365 environment which may require some off shift work. This position will also require on-call response to incidents as necessary.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- 3 years’ experience in the relevant field (Experience of UAE is a plus)
- Proficiency in English language, spoken and written.
Interested candidates may send their updated CV, showing Photo ID, Education, Skills, and ExperienceApply