- AAU does not recruit through recruitment agencies, and shall never ask for any payments related but not limited to visa, recruitment, travel expenses etc.
- All the recruitment offers are sent through official HR Email ID (firstname.lastname@example.org), AAU shall bear no responsibility of the offers sent through IDs other than the mentioned Email ID.
Assistant/Associate Professor in Translation/Translation Studies Arabic-English-Arabic
Reference Number: 114
Job title: Assistant/Associate Professor in Translation/Translation Studies Arabic-English-Arabic
Qualification: PhD in Translation/Translation Studies Arabic-English-Arabic
- High efficiency in teaching courses in Arabic/English/Arabic translation (such as literary, scientific, and legal translation; business, media and travel and tourism translation; and consecutive and simultaneous interpreting).
- Expertise in the use of machine translation and translation memory tools (CAT) in translation.
- Potential to establish an active research program involving students.
- Knowledge of contemporary teaching practices and E-learning in the domain of translation.
- Willingness to contribute to the academic development of the program.
- Willingness to contribute effectively to the college and university initiatives, and to provide constructive proposals and projects.
- Encourage students to think about their future careers in a local, regional and international context and ensure that they are equipped to meet this challenge.
- Expertise in curriculum development, academic advising, organization of conferences, seminars, and workshops and exhibitions as well as in building relationships and communication with local community institutions.
- Ability to provide service to the college and university, to participate in the development, evaluation and review of the college curriculum, and to participate in the research activities.
- A proven track record of teaching excellence at the university level, having at least 5 years of experience in university teaching and 5 years of professional experience.
- Research published in international scientific journals indexed in the Scopus database.
- Dedication to renewing, developing and proposing curricula.
- Extensive experience in translation or interpreting and in teaching translation and interpreting are expected.
- Willingness to provide all necessary and required services to the university and college.
Expected Joining Date : Fall 2020Apply