- AAU does not recruit through recruitment agencies, and shall never ask for any payments related but not limited to visa, recruitment, travel expenses etc.
- All the recruitment offers are sent through official HR Email ID (email@example.com), AAU shall bear no responsibility of the offers sent through IDs other than the mentioned Email ID.
Closure Date: Jan 12,2021
Reference Number: 117
Position: Legal Advisor
Location: Abu Dhabi
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out integrated legal, legislative, regulatory, and/or related factual research and projects on behalf of the Office of University ; prepares interpretive reports based on research findings, and recommends appropriate solutions or actions.
- Researches key University policies and practices, both existing and proposed, to identify potential legal problems; makes recommendations for policy, procedure, or legislative changes, as appropriate.
- Supports the university in significant litigation and/or other trial-related matters, to include assistance with trial research, preparation, and presentation; drafts pleadings and discovery responses, prepares affidavits, gathers and organizes evidence and other information; drafts position statements or briefs for such proceedings.
- As assigned, works directly with external counsel on litigation cases.
- Assists in the preparation of negotiated agreements and settlements with commercial, governmental, and administrative entities, employees and/or members of the general public, as assigned.
- Undertakes continuing education, and remains abreast of current legal issues and trends, as required to maintain appropriate national accreditation within the field.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree; at least 5-8 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to use judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of the judicial system and procedures.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and draw inferences from research findings, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of principles, procedures, and standards for drafting a range of complex legal documentation in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of litigation and legal contract, agreement, and settlement procedures and documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Knowledge of current and emerging developments and trends within area of expertise.
- Advanced working knowledge of legal research principles, methods, techniques, and resources.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex legal information to senior executive staff.
- Strong investigative and problem resolution skills.