جامعة التكنولوجيا - سيدني - استراليا
Bachelor in English Language for Specific Purposes [ESP], Jordan University of Science and Technology [JUST], Jordan (2006)
- The American Concept of EFL and Its Invisible Visions in the Middle East Region. (Available on Worldtesol.com)
- The main five aspects of Language development. (Available on Worldtesol.com)
- How is language learnt? ( Available on Worldtesol.com)
- A research proposal regarding Advantages and disadvantages of native speaker teachers who teach English in United Arab Emirates in the primary schools.
- The mass media in the age of terrorization. (Available on Worldtesol.com)
- Language, gender and Feminism. (Available on Worldtesol.com)
- The Role of Media in Arab Societies (Venue: Zayed University)
Summary of Skills/Experience
- Experienced teacher of English with native-like command of the English language
- Conscientious and highly motivated
- Strong talent for approaching challenges practically
- Aptitude for delivering creative and engaging lessons
- Proven classroom management skills
- Effective team-player with advanced interpersonal communication skills
- September 2009 till present time English instructor at the English Language Centre (ELC) at Al- Ain University of Science and Technology
- January 2015 till present time Head of English Language Centre at Al-Ain University of Science & Technology
Main Job Responsibilities
- Deliver skill-integrated instruction to intermediate/upper intermediate and advanced students.
- Prepare students for integration into mainstream programs of study by helping them improve their language skills
- Develop resources and materials to facilitate and improve instruction as well as supplement textbooks.
- Raise student achievement through planning of differentiated lessons and materials
- Maintain and utilize assessment records to inform needs-focused planning
- Actively take part in professional development training and participate in off-site learning opportunities and weekly departmental professional development
- Use multiple strategies to enhance curriculum aimed at promoting life skills
- Monitor student progress and amended/propose curriculum amendment as needed
- Manage and demonstrate TOEFL ITP & IELTS test with the British Council.
- Responsible of ELC instructors’ semesters’ schedules and short/ long English courses given at the university.
- A full member of the university Final Exam Committee.
- Teaching credit courses in Thinking Skills, Ethical Awareness, Effective Communication in English and Research Skills.
- Founder and co-owner of ELteachers.com, a website designed to be a place where all teachers of English language in the U.A.E. can share their experiences, find English teaching jobs and more!
workshops and professional development events
Attended a variety of workshops and professional development events related to the following themes:
- Planning for instruction within standards-based curriculum settings
- Classroom management strategies for optimal learning
- Meeting students’ individual needs / differentiated instruction
- Computer-assisted language learning
- Developing materials and assessment tools for ESL curricula
- Content-based language teaching
- Assessment of learning (formative, summative, alternative assessment)
- CLIL and its impact on curriculum design, language learning and instruction
Training Courses & Certificates obtained
- Intensive conversation course in English Language (Advanced level5th), English Institute, Jordan (21 March- 21 May 2006 )
- Advanced English level, Academic English for Tertiary Studies Program in EAP III Module, University of Western Sydney College, Australia (21 Nov 2007- 8 Feb 2008)
- International Computer Driving Licenses (ICLD) (2010)
- Propell iBT TOEFL Workshop/ AmidEast (2013)
- TTT (Train the Trainer) IELTS/ British Council (2015)
- Good knowledge of the local culture, students, and educational system.
- Good ability to resourcefully contribute as a team-player and to steer collective effort in positive and productive directions.
- Good personality and leadership skills and ability to contribute to challenging programs.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good team worker with ability to communicate easily with peers.
- Hard-Working, Capable of responsibilities; challenging tasks are enjoyable.
- Excellent Knowledge in using computer software:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Front Page
Name: Ross Forman
Senior Lecturer, English department, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
Phone number: +61.295143869
Name: Alastair Pennycook
Professor, English department, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
Phone number: +61.295143067